Among its various activities, Office of Research staff oversee the distribution of
funds for scholarly events, conduct grant proposal-writing workshops, and foster the
creation of interdisciplinary research teams. We also provide resources to assist
faculty, researchers and students develop successful proposals to support cutting-edge
We are here to help so please contact Holly Hapke.
The more we know about your research, the better we can help identify funding opportunities
and submit competitive proposals.
Support We Provide
- Identification of funding opportunities.
- Grant Proposal Development, including: project conceptualization, feedback on draft proposals, budget development, coordination
of supporting documents, submission of Letters of Intent and preliminary proposals,
interpretation of feedback on unsuccessful proposals.
- Interdisciplinary and team research project and proposal development – initiation and coordination of working groups; support for all aspects of project
development and proposal submission, including management plans and diversity/inclusion/broadening
- Assistance with Broader Impacts and Community Outreach and Engagement.
- Assistance identifying potential research collaborators at UCI and other institutions.
- Communication with program officers to determine project fit with agency funding priorities,
get feedback on declined proposals, and discuss other issues related to grant proposals.
- Connecting researchers with editing and other proposal preparation resources on campus.
- Work with relevant University Advancement offices to coordinate proposals to corporations
- Grant proposal writing workshops and seminars.
- Other assistance as needed.